Looking for coverage? Here’s what you need to know:
- You must sign up by December 15. If you want 2018 coverage, there is just the one deadline. Beat the rush and sign up early.
- Coverage could be more affordable than you think. Last year, 8 in 10 people qualified for financial help - for most people, that meant they could find premiums between $50 and $100 per month. You should definitely check out your options and see if you could save even more on your out of pocket costs by choosing a silver plan.
- There is a minimum penalty of $695 for not having health insurance.
- If you already have coverage, shop and save. Already have health coverage through HealthCare.gov, on November 1 head back to update your information and compare your options for 2018. There may be plans available that save you money.
- Free in-person help is available. If you have questions about signing up or want to talk through your options with a trained professional, free help is just a call or click away. Call 1-800-318-2596 or visit http://localhelp.healthcare.gov.
Are you helping someone get covered?
Now, more than ever, we need your help to get the word out about Open Enrollment which starts on November 1 and only lasts until December 15 this year. Start by sharing key information on Twitter or Facebook. In the coming weeks, we’ll have useful guides and resources so keep an eye out here or sign up for updates.